Friday, October 24, 2014

Thankful Thursday #23 (A day late...)

Yesterday was ridiculously and gloriously busy... And it provided me with much to be thankful for...



  1. I live in such a giving city... Seriously I have been to the Food Bank and the New Life Mission this month and I am thrilled to know that our local grocery stores, Cobbs bread, Starbucks and several caterers in town donate leftovers and unused food to help hungry folks in our community.  Bravo Kamloops!
  2. Girlfriends... I love getting together with other women... there is something energizing about the way we talk and joke and feel bonded.
  3. Random acts of kindness... it's so much fun to pull off a great RAK!  I just wish I could be a fly on the wall to see the other person's reaction... and then turn human again so I don't have to eat poop... just sayin'.
  4. History... or maybe I am just thankful for other people's stories... never the less I quite enjoyed wandering around "haunted" places on Wednesday night hearing the stories of the ghosts who "live" there.
  5. My little sister... I just love you Heather.
  6. Night shift is finished!  Sleep has returned to me... it's a beautiful thing.
  7. Letters from my Compassion Kids... I love that we are actually corresponding... Maria Brenda our 9 year old girl just sent a letter thanking us for the Mother's Day card we sent to her mom... I love hearing from them.
  8. Following my friend Cole's trip to Disneyland via Facebook... it was magical... every picture and post from his mom made my heart swell... 
  9. Planning for Christmas... 
  10. Afternoon project time with my bigger kids... (Delaney is claiming to be big as well these days).  It's been so sweet to explore The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe... and work on weather science projects.  
What are you thankful for this week?

photo credit: rustman via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment