Friday, October 10, 2014

Instead of Thankful Thursday...

I think I have jumped in and now I am exploring the water close to the shore.


Yesterday I had a small group of eight year olds in my charge.  For 2 hours they helped me put together canned goods, boxes of macaroni and cheese, and bags of cereal into hampers at the food bank.
 It was only two hours... but we were all exhausted at the end.

We worked hard... and I was really impressed with the super attitudes those kiddos (one of whom is my own) had. I heard cheerful little voices piping up " What can I do now?" "What do you need from me?"

Little hearts... ready to give.  Little hearts... perhaps unaware of their own privilege... picking out their favorite cereal for a family... making sure the oatmeal packets were a variety for whoever was eating them for breakfast that week.  Little hearts serving.

If you're looking to help out...here is a list of the top 10 needs at the Kamloops Food Bank:


  • Tomato Sauce
  • Peanut Butter
  • Canned Fruit
  • Baby Food
  • Canned Vegetables 
  • Pasta
  • Baby Formula
  • Rice
  • Tuna
  • Beans
There is a list of drop off locations here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment