Monday, September 1, 2014

A Cure For The Crankies...


I'm having a cranky day... My husband made a comment to me that I didn't appreciate... We are out of milk... Sooo no coffee... My house feels cluttered and out of control... And I have been partying it up at late social functions the past two nights.  

So I'm doing what a dear friend told me that she did when she was in a "bad place"...I've made a nest of blankets and I'm curled up with my iPad... I open up my bible app and lo and behold the verse of the day: 

14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. Hebrews 12:14

Then I dig a little deeper... Change up the version: 

Hebrews 12:14The Message (MSG)

14-17 Work at getting along with each other and with God. Otherwise you’ll never get so much as a glimpse of God. Make sure no one gets left out of God’s generosity. Keep a sharp eye out for weeds of bitter discontent. A thistle or two gone to seed can ruin a whole garden in no time. Watch out for the Esau syndrome: trading away God’s lifelong gift in order to satisfy a short-term appetite. You well know how Esau later regretted that impulsive act and wanted God’s blessing—but by then it was too late, tears or no tears.
I am grateful that these words didn't come as a sucker punch... That they feel like life... Like God breathing into me and not forsaking me.  
I know that I am loved here in the depths of my cranky... Where nothing can be right... But I am not abandoned here... to rot in my own crappy selfish attitude.
My perspective is very quickly changed when I take my eyes off myself... 
photo credit: massdistraction via photopin cc

1 comment:

  1. 'My perspective is very quickly changed when I take my eyes off myself' - so true...

    ReplyDelete